Assistance for Elderly People and Relatives Through Age Concern Kensington, London
- To encourage and promote independence, maintain dignity, privacy and self esteem.
- To provide personal care within a structured environment where individual rights and liberties are safeguarded.
- Provide opportunities for service users/ representatives to influence the service quality standards, plans and priorities.
- Safeguarding individual right and liberties.
- Work in partnership with other professional services/ agencies to provide access to specialist services.
- To provide individual person centred care programmes based on identified health care needs within a safe environment promoting equality and diversity principles with due consideration around gender, race, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexuality, class and age.
- To maintain high standards of care and practice using a holistic approach.
- To involve residents and carers/ relatives/ Advocate in the care programme.
Assistance Through Age Concern London
Age Concern Advisory Service London offers an advice service for older people, their relatives and friends. The service is free of charge and impartial.
The Advisors are carefully selected, trained and supported by professionals. There is complete confidentiality in the service.
Advisors will discuss any general worries that arise when someone is finding it more difficult to cope as they get older. Advisors can help people cope with loneliness, bereavement and illness or problems such as form completion, benefits, housing, finance or family relationships. They offer impartial advice and information as well as someone with whom to share a problem.
If you have something you would like to discuss, why not telephone or e-mail us. You may be concerned about a relative or a friend who is elderly. We might be able to help you too. We will arrange for one of our advisors to see you either at home or in our office. If we do not know the answer we will help by putting you in touch with someone who does.